Surgery Was A Success!



I am happy to announce that my husband's surgery was a success. We now have 3 vials of sperm to use for 2 to 3 IVF cycles.


I am going to explain the day because I don't want to forget these memories. I had a restless sleep the night before and I wasn't feeling very well because of the flood of emotions that I was having throughout my body. However, we both got up at 4:14 am the morning of his procedure and started getting ready. We left the house at 5:10 am and got to the facility at 5:30 am. We arrived early because we didn't know how traffic was going to be. Luckly, there was a doctor arriving early for surgery and he let us in and up to the fourth floor. We waited in the waiting room for another 20 minutes.


Then our name was called with a group of other couples. We all walked back in a big herd to the pre op area. We were in section "C" and his surgery was scheduled for 6:45 am. I was so relieved that I got to go back with him to be supportive. I was worried that they would just leave me in the waiting area. He had to undress and put on a pink gown, blue booties and a blue hat over his hair. He got to keep his socks on which was good. He had to sign all of this paperwork and while he was doing that the anestigologist came by to start his IV drip and ask him general health questions. Dr. B, the one who performed the surgery, also came by to talk with us and talk about the procedure once again. What an amazing doctor?!


My husband is such a good patient he wasn't nervous at all. At 6:45 am, they came by and had him walk down to the operating room. I was waiting in the pre op area until a nurse said that I needed to leave. By 7:06 am, Dr. B came out to the waiting area and told me that my husband is producing sperm and they were able to get 3 vials worth of sperm which will be good for 2 to 3 cycles. I was so happy. I just wanted to hug the doctor! We will be getting gifts and cards for all of these wonderful doctors who are helping us achieve our goal of becoming parents.


Next, I went back in for another 3o minutes to help my husband with his recovery and get him dressed. He was so cute and just continued to repeat things over and over and was so sweet to the nurses. The nurse even said your husband is such a good patient. He was given 2 perscriptions that I filled downstairs in the pharmacy. I had to have him sit down while I dropped off the prescription and be with him at all times. We ended up leaving the facility at 8:30 am and I drove him directly home.


All my husband wanted to eat and was requesting for his first meal was pancakes and bacon. Once we got home, I made him coffee, pancakes, and bacon. After we both ate and I cleaned up the kitchen we just slept the entire day away.


I am so happy that it went well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...