Genetic Testing


I went ahead and decided to do genetic testing on myself. My doctor advised me to go through Counsyl- a company that does genetic testing. Again, I am a little scared about the results from this test. But I am going to think positively and believe that everything is going to be okay.


So, this test takes about 5 minutes to complete but you can't eat or drink for 30 minutes prior to testing.


What did I have to do for the test?


I was given a kit at the doctor's office. I took it home and had to wait 30 minutes and then...


I had to spit in a tube for 5 minutes and fill my spit up to a certain level on the tube. Oh my was this hard to do! I had no idea how difficult this was going to be for me to produce spit. I had my husband talk to me about delicious meals while I was rubbing my cheeks and wiggling my tongue to produce more spit. What an adventure?! But it will be something fun and cute to look back on. I closed the tube put it in a prepaid FedEx envelope and dropped it off. I registered the tube on the website and now I am just waiting for the results.


On another note, I am also adding a Testing category to my IVF chapters. One day in the near future, I am going to summarize all of the tests I have down in the past 4 months. There have been a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...