HSG

I am ready to explain the HSG exam. My HSG exam was on Monday, December 27th at 1:15 pm. I was nervous about this appointment and ended up forgetting the binder with the HSG script in it. I had to send my husband home to get it and come back. Since this is a painful procedure they asked for someone to drive you home. So, my husband was responsible for driving to and from the hospital. Before the exam, I was also required to take Doxycycline to fight off any potential infection from the tube going through my cervix.

This is by far the most uncomfortable and painful part of the process. I did this test in a hospital and I really enjoyed the staff. They were very nice and helped me through this. The pain at one point was so intense I felt like I could have fainted. I guess I got a glimpse of what child birth must be like. :o) I let you all know for sure once I have a baby.

Here is the low down. They lay you down on a table much like an OB/GYN appointment and then a speculum is placed in the vagina and an antiseptic solution is used to cleanse the vaginal canal. A narrow tube or catheter is then passed through the cervix into the uterus and an iodine-based dye is injected into the uterus and the tubes through the catheter. Then x-rays are taken of your reproductive organs. This whole test is to see if there is any blockage of the fallopian tubes. My exam looked good and the doctor didn't see any blockage. However, I am still waiting for the okay from my main doctor to proceed.

Tomorrow at 8:45 am I am going in for the mock embro transfer. I am still trying to figure out exactly what this test is. Once I figure it out I will let you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...