The Appointment

We had a doctor's appointment today to determine our pregnancy options.

The drive to the appointment was difficult. I could feel myself clinching the steering wheel the entire one hour drive!

What did we find out?

That we will need to do IVF in order to get pregnant. This one statement has changed everything for me and us.

And so began my emotional roller coaster about this process.



{pic}

This blog is intended to be a journal for me to remember this chapter in our lives and also to share our journey with others. I sincerely hope that this blog can be a place of comfort and joy for all to read. This is just yet another chapter in my life and it all began with one appointment on June 3, 2010.

5 comments:

  1. I will be praying for your journey and for God to bless you fully. My SIL went through IVF and now has 8 month old twin girls. It's a tough road, but God will see you through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you from Kelly's Korner. My husband and I, too, are just starting our IVF journey. We had four IUI's over the past year, one worked but we had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. As we are 41 and 47, we have decided that we can't waste anymore time and start with the next cycle, probably later this week. I wish you well and great success. I know this is NOT an easy journey, but there are many of us out here that are here for support....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for you. After years of infertility because if endometriosis the doctors told us that IVF was are only real chance at getting pregnant. After a year of prayer we did it in January and are expecting a darling little girl in October. It's a long journey to be sure, but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came over from Kelly's Korner. I just wanted to encourage you...we went through 2 yrs of infertility and finally had IVF. We conceived our son and he is now 3! He was born with a congenital heart defect (not because of the IVF!) but he is doing well now. We have just begun the IVF process again to give Andrew a little brother or sister! We will keep you in our prayers~
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog. My hubby and I were also told the only way for us to become pregnant would be IVF. We started our first cycle and had 3 embabies to transfer and zero to freeze. 1 of the 3 decided to stick around and I know have a 1 1/2 year old daughter. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...